button-en

Search

FaLang Language Switcher

Water Supply Network

The supply of water to the consumers of Larnaka, is done through a water pipe network of length of 357 km, of which 27 km represents the transmission network and 330 km the distribution network. The transmission network consists of main water pipelines having a diameter of 300 - 700 mm, while the distribution network consists of smaller diameter pipes ranging in size from 80 - 300 mm.

Most water pipelines are made of asbestos cement pipes. For some years now, ductile iron is used for the main pipelines and for the subnet pipes plastic (uPVC) is used. For the household connections polyethylene pipes of diameter 15-25 mm are used, while for large consumers such as hotels, residential complexes and factories, larger diameter pipes are used.

The supply of water to the consumers of Aradippou is done through a water pipe network of length of 120 Km, of which 70% are made of plastic (uPVC) pipes and the rest 30% of asbestos cement pipes.